![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Saturday, August 30, 2008 and that has made all the difference
![]() ![]() I eventually decided to give the rides a miss so that I could go (i hear a plane roaring overhead this very instant) off with jason- a primary school classmate. Hahahaha, I'm not sure if a few months (or even a few weeks) down the road I'll still remember the conversations and words that were exchanged, but I'm glad I did it I think. Talks are always liberating, and being able to talk so freely to someone who's known you for a good 10 years (since he was way shorter than you till he's taller) felt good. The discussions about how we started out the same, where we are now, and all that happened in between, and what could have made all the difference. Thanks serene also for being there even though the two of you were mocking me for not remembering the bus routes. ): hahahaha. When people ask me what school I study in, I have now come to be able to tell them nushigh without feeling like I want to hide my face and wishing it was some nightmare I'd wake up from. when people ask me what school I was in before this, I'd say with the broadest smile- scgs, and often times, they'd ask what primary school and expect scgs pri, nanyang, taonan, mgs, rgps, the list goes on, and I realise that I say with a quiet pride ang mo kio primary. I know of people who think that the primary school will make plenty of difference in your academic ability, and that parents would be doing their kids a great injustice if they didn't do their best to put their children in best primary school or even kindergarten, but somehow, I am thankful for the education I received. I might not be as intelligent, score as well, read as fast as some, but the people I've met, the diversity, did make a difference. It's definitely not the perfect pedigree, but however small its effect, I believe it's had an effect on me, and it's not a bad effect. Where else would I have been able to meet friends that can make me laugh the way the bunch of them did last night. It's been 5 years? and some things just don't change. (: Jr and I should go back and look for Mrs. Tan one day. We will. (x primary one! Also, being around the primary school friends, thinking about primary school teachers (most of whom have retired), on teachers day, I started thinking about all the teachers I've had my past 10.75 years of education. I wonder why they teach and what keeps them going. There are some teachers I just truly respect because I think I see why they teach, and I really want to learn everything they've got to offer me. There are some teachers who just, maybe are better off doing some other things, but then again, they all deserve a chance. Ah well, to all my teachers, whether or not I've chosen to make your life difficult, happy teacher's day. (x if you've bothered to read till here, you must be pretty bored. :D But I guess thanks for caring so much about my life and I.
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
