![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Thursday, July 03, 2008 What does school prepare you for?
Today went down to the yfc for my IF simulator today, and I don't really feel like going into the details. Got back to school pretty late for the script checking of relativity paper. Results were alright, passed. (: Yup, but what happened during script checking was quite... thought provoking? It's Mr. Lim seriously. So he returned us the papers, and as with most script checks, nobody is actually listening cause with exam comes the end of the module and our relationship with whatever we're doing (unless it's something we want to do in future). However, since it was Mr. Lim, I wanted to listen, and moved further up class a little, and just as the noise level was reaching the point where you'd think this teacher is really quite a pushover, he gave suddenly stopped talking about physics and started talking about "what test we're all trying to pass". I think we all (not just the people in our school, lots and lots of people some of whom are way done with school) need to ask ourselves that from time to time. What he said about scoring the 5s now, about how if might bring us maybe about a day or a year or for the mark obsessed probably a few years of happiness, but what's all that going to mean? What happens when, say, you stop studying? I already find myself being swept up into everything and just being more or less swept along without much direction at all as to where I'd like to head in life. I guess quite alot of people would look at what I've done with my life and tell me that I've done quite an alright job with it, but really the lack of direction is horrendous. On a separate note, FLEMING! Yay, I am so horrendously proud of each and every single fleming member for all that they've done. (:
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
