![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Wednesday, July 16, 2008 Good days, bad days
Firstly, I made someone really angry that they'd want to steal me retainers and hide it away somewhere. Secondly, I ate my dinner, left it on my tray and threw it away. Thirdly, they sublimed and disappeared into thin air. Lastly, I just lost them. I know all sounds equally ridiculous. But the worst of it is that it costs 300 bucks to replace. Thankgoodness john had to do something equally intelligent: wear his glasses (which cost quite alot) to play contact rugby and therefore breaking them. Anyway, school's been, okay. Other than, let's see I failed my RT oral. However, many thanks to the instructors plus daddy who tell me that it is more or less not my fault that I failed it, and ziyang and zekee for listening to me whine. Yup, so the past 2 days were sucky to the max la, cause of those 2. Then last evening (after I failed my test), I received an sms: "Hi all, this is Sophia from Film Formations, a local production house. We're holding auditions for a Kids Central info-ed drama on marine life conservation. 'Splash' and got your numbers through Kids Central. Auditions will be held tmr, 16th July at our office _____, 10am-7pm. Pls call me for details at this number. thanks!" (btw, anyone that's interested, uhm, leave a tag or message me, quite sure still can go audition, but I think unless you're some 12 year old reading this, most of us should be past doing kids central) Other than thinking back to expedition which happened so long ago already, I was wondering what a coincidence it was that on the day I fail RT, I get such and sms. I'm not too sure how many people will get what I mean, but yup. Then yesterday was planned to fly with cherie's instructor, and honestly thought I was going to die, cause I had made plans to (with mr lim and mh) make our way down to NUS to use the microscope at a time when nobody would: 0530. That's what hostel's for anyway, no? Yeah, and was flying 3rd wave. :S But today's flight felt vaguely familiar (like my 94 flights). (: And honestly, it was something I needed to keep me going, to remind me of why I'm doing what I do. Anyway, we had some writing exercise during one of the mentoring sessions last week or something, and during the you can write whatever you want, just keep writing section, I wrote: This journey we are all on, we all came here with the dream of wings, the dream of being able to come out to be able to fly an aeroplane to its limits, to enjoy the big blue playground. The awe the instant the wheels unstick for the first time, the joy and exhileration of being up in the air, watching the world from above, the luxury f seeing the shadow of a tree from above, that is what brought us all together. Gradually, we come to realise that the experience might not be what we had always imagined it to be. Sometimes we think how naive we really were, how the jounrey is never really the same as others had made it sound, then again, why should we have been surprised at all? Afterall, we are all different, and what we take and make out of this common pursuit for wings is hardly common at all. You realise the power of the human being, how we have come so far, but are not really ready to contend with mother nature, with that something bigger than all of us. Sometimes, or rather very often, we don't see why it has to rain just when it is our turn to get up there, but we all learn to believe, to believe that everything has its reasons and we just react as best we can to all that happens. You realised how things seem extremely unfair at certain points of the journey, and what to leave behind friends who began this long and winding journey with you. Just when things seem tough and we think of why we are doing what we do, and if this is what we truly want, we often experience a little something that serves as that reminder, a reminder of the joy of flight, of being the captain of your own aeroplane, to fly free in the sky. A reminder of this bittersweet thing we call flight. And was just reading Rach's blog, and I really like some of the meredith grey quotes she's found (actually I like all of them) especially this one: “Maybe we're not supposed to be happy. Maybe gratitude has nothing to do with joy. Maybe being grateful means recognizing what you have for what it is. Appreciating small victories. Admiring the struggle it takes simply to be human. Maybe we're thankful for the familiar things we know. And maybe we're thankful for the things we'll never know. At the end of the day, the fact that we have the courage to still be standing is reason enough to celebrate.”
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
