![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Friday, March 28, 2008 Sortie 9!
Anyway, so yesterday was my maiden sortie without my dearest primary instructor. I heard yesterday that I was flying with this certain instructor and I swear I thought I was GOING TO DIE. By like 0945, during chinese, the nervousness was KILLING me. But I told myself that I prepared enough, and so alright, I went down to YFC for flight. Circuits was actually alright. I made a few hard landings, but it was better than I expected. I need to remember the take-off, I think I learnt how to do it properly today (I have been taking off since sortie 4, but like seriously, I haven't learnt it well). I have to work on turning without losing height, bleargh. Remember to check back pressure. On upwind, have to remember to maintain 80 kts climbing speed. I wanna learn to fly accurately, but I wonder how you do that without chasing the needle and instruments. Nevermind, stuff to be learnt. Then on base/final, I think I need to learn to anticipate faster, to correct the speed the moment I see the needle move. But of all things, I got scolded for my TAXYING. Hahahahaha, honestly when I was getting lectured, I was secretly laughing, cause really, I was taxying quite alot slower than normal already (knowing that my instructor has the reputation of being a really chiong guy), but yeah, next time, I will taxy on the line, and go even slower. These are little things which I have to remember I guess. oh oh oh, I also kept forgetting to address the agency I was talking to. Hahahaha, that was pretty bad. But learnt plenty on this flight. And I don't think I have ever been told to think about my flight the way I was told yesterday. (: It turned out much better than I expected. I made some pretty dumb mistakes, but I think I know why I made them. so yup. This is all crazy, my changing instructor, APs, circuits, exams, and I wonder how I'm managing. But it helps to have the people I have around me. Jo's flying #6 AGAIN today. Hahahahaha, and anyway, in school today, something happened that really reminded me of year 3. We were supposed to do some paper which I totally didn't remember him telling us to do but anyways, like 1 person in the class did it? And the non-BC people were sent out of class, which was like half the class. Like tutorial 1, first week of year 3. amusing. (:
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
