![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Wednesday, February 06, 2008 Sim 4, Weehong's Farewell, Reunion Dinner
Anyway, had Sim 4 nice and early this morning, did my session with gary and instructor for today was tan sk! Really really nice guy, although I think today I was kind of really quite blatantly doing spastic things? I mean I wanted to focus on getting my PAT and APT right, and making sure I understood all that was going on (which I think I managed to accomplish) with the power and attitude thing that I essentially left out all my airmanship points. That was terrible, but the flying part was good, cause I think the sim really gives me room to make mistakes. Like now I will never forget that when climbing, don't ever move the throttle (made the mistake of using throttle to slow the plane down) and the airspeed should be controlled by changing attitude. And I will really never never forget that with a fixed power and fixed attitude, you will definitely get a fixed performance. cause he kept telling us that, and I saw for myself today. And I think my flying was steadier today also cause of de witt's "you really have to look out" on my last sortie, so today I really barely looked in and hence my lousy airmanship. Also made the mistake of paying lip service (I think that's whay it's called) today, I called out engine Ts and Ps in green cause that's what you're supposed to do every 1000 feet, and I didn't check it. Hopefully today will be the first and last time I make that mistake, wait, today should be the first and last. I feel my checks and procedures sliding, really have to keep it up and keep studying. Yup, will also remember what tan sk told me at the end about how to not forget to do my airmanship points: attitude, ball center, wings level, airspeed, check height. So when you check the height, watch out for the airmanship points things. Yeap, as you can see, I am frantically trying to type everything in here first so that I will be able to read this before my next sortie. :D After sim, went back to school for dearest weehong's farewell. Honestly nothing like a farewell in sc or whatever, but I was quite satisfied and heartened nonetheless. Initially was worried that everyone wouldn't be willing to play and then it'll be so boring and all, but I think we all had fun and most importantly coach did too, and I think that as he was giving us his final "debrief", I thought about all that he was telling us, about how although he hasn't been coaching us for long there is "something" (: , and I think he is the first coach I've ever had that has revealed to his charges about how and why he started doing the sport, all that he said made me even more thankful for having the opportunity to have been coached by him. Not just cause he's so pro and cause he's the nat girls team coach, but because of who he is. Really appreciate the way he tries to share with us in almost all aspects of his life, passing on to us the lessons life has taught him. Yeap, so no tears (thankfully) today (nearly), just quite alot of thinking and learning. After farewell, it was packing up to GO HOMEE! for reunion dinner. Yay, I'm so happy because this weekend is going to be a weekend of doing a teeny weeny bit of work, and lots and lots of time spent with friends and family! hari, zhenzhen, yiwei and hena coming over on saturday, and recess table tea on sunday. :D :D
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
