![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Thursday, January 17, 2008 Sinusoidal curves
Today (yesterday) was wednesday so school started later at 9.00am, but we had to be down by 8.30. Woke up kinda late so decided to give breakfast a miss today, thinking that I'd be going down to NUS for training, hence would be having good, cheap food (compared to school). During mentoring they showed us "Pay It Forward" (the one we watched in sec 1 or 2 for CME), and today when I watched it, it definitely didn't set me thinking as much as when I first watched it, today it was more of a reminder, and even then, it didn't have that great of an effect. Hah, but we were made to write on a piece of paper our dreams. It really seemed like a kindergaten assignment but why is it that when we were 5, it was so much easier? Hahahaha, I know Cheryl and I stoned for a goood 3 minutes before we were able to start writing. Strangely, (maybe it's cause they showed us a video of Martin Luther King's speech) the first dream I talked about was that one day, NUS High School students would be able to look Raffleeeeesians in the eye and tell them that the (NUSHS students) education and their quality of their school life was comparable and in fact better than that of these Raffleeeesians. I truly hope this happens within my lifetime, so that I can tell myself that I didn't take the risk of studying for a nearly worthless diploma for nothing, I hope to see the day when Stanford or Cambridge comes down to NUS High school to recruit students. I dream of a school where, we don't study math and science to ace exams, or to pwn olympiads, but maybe, just maybe, we want to make use of the power (and brain) within us to improve the lives of those around us. To help genuinely because we do, to serve because we know it's the right thing to do. I dream of a school where teachers teach not because they are trying to get recognised, but because they want to, because they want to impart knowledge, because they want to inspire and touch lives, for the benefit of science, and ultimately even for the benefit of mankind. Yeap, I think I'm dreaming of a perfect world, but that's something to work towards, no? I wonder why the school never talks to us about matters like that, are we really so tunnel-visioned that we can only have a vision that fits into PATH? Hah, this is probably a bold statement that will get me into trouble (hmm, then again, not many people read this), but I still have to say it, why aren't we thinking of being of use to society, when are we ever going to stop thinking of ourselves? Well, yeah, actually life becomes MUCH easier if you just stopped for a moment, and realise that we are part of one huge gigantic world, and that the world doesn't revolve around any particular individual. Anyway, on a lighter note, during a visit to one of the A Star labs today, managed to get my hands on Josae's paragraph on HIS dream, and this guy's amazing. :D His ability to never put a smile on my face (maybe cause I don't have to take him spamming me on msn) is just great. And the visit to the lab lasted real long, which meant that I couldn't go for training, which was a real bummer at that point, but really, I reasoned that maybe someone up there's just trying to help me with math. :D Also during the visit, got a message informing me of SIM 2 tomorrow. Sortie 1 coming. Exciting! The math test was alright, and we (baozi and I and some other people) celebrated Mr Ng's kindness (HAHAHAHAHA) by going down for a run. Managed to do 8 rounds in lane 4 today. I'm gonna take it slowly. :D I shan't comment on what happened at 10.30pm, but let's just say that that was a sin(270deg), of a sine curve. Yeap, and Mel's feeling puky, get well soon mel! alrighty, it's time to go to bed. :D
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
