![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Tuesday, December 18, 2007 reflections
Just that on this trip, I think I was able to look at the pilot in daddy with a different sort of respect. My opinions of him as a father and a person has barely changed, that he cares too much for his own good, and he has one scary temper, but I think as I will soon pick up my students pilot license, him and his years in flying suddenly hits me. As I look at the cabin crew shake his hand one at a time, I ask myself, how long did he have to work before reaching where he is today. I ask myself if there was once a time when he was memorising R/T calls, I ask myself whether there was a time when he was memorising checks and I'm quite sure there was. Just as there was a time when daddy probably was beyond proud to wear his wings, to tell anyone who asked that he was a pilot. Mummy told me that he was damn on before he got his 4th bar, and I can imagine. The same reason why I chopped off much of my hair so that I don't look messy for flights, many people will tell me that you probably don't need to do that, but I'm gonna do it so that should I not be able to make it all the way, I can tell myself that I have done everything in my power, EVERYTHING, and it's just that some greater power decided that this is not what I should do. I should always bear that in mind.
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
