![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Thursday, September 06, 2007 GREETINGS FROM TOULOUSE!
Anyway, it's day 3 of our short trip in France and the trip has been FINE. We went to the airport for 2 nights to see if we could get on before we managed to get on board on the third night. Was sitting in economy class this time, but it was new and nice. :D Liked it quite abit. There were like a hundred play on demand movies. After we landed, to be honest I was quite worried cause my dad has been giving my brother all the instructions and he never looks like he's listening. So I was really relieved and I have to say that I was really really impressed with this young lady at this ticket counter who was so patient with us even though we must have stood there for like half an hour trying to decide which tickets we wanted to get and stuff like that. I was really really impressed cause the last impression I had of French people was not very good either since the last time we were in France we got scolded for standing under the eiffel tower for 10 minutes. So we bought our tickets from paris to toulouse and then we bought a paris day pass that brings you all around, like unlimited rides on all the public transport. :D So we chilled in paris city, went around to china town trying to remember all the places my dad brought us to eat at the last time we were in paris, which was in sec 2. Don't ask me how we remembered, we somehow did. Then we went to the LOURVE cause I insisted on going there cause after Italy and actually seeing all those pieces we studied about, I wasn't about to go to paris and not step in AGAIN. So my mum was like okay, you go find out how much it costs, then you go in and we'll (herself and the boys) wait for you outside. So I went to check out how much it costs and GUESS WHAT, for people under 18, it's free ALL YEAR ROUND. I was super high when I found out, like AHH I'M GONNA SEE THE MONA LISA! hahahaha, okay this is abit odd. Anyway, so we saw the Mona Lisa and now I think it's over rated, I was alot more excited to see Durer and Cimabue and Titian, oh by the way, you know The Pastoral Concert, they acknowledged it as Titian's work alone. Interesting, I always thought it was Titian and Giorgione. Yup. And there's like actually like SO MUCH to see there, so many galleries! Then after the louvre, we went back to chinatown, tried to find more eating places we've been to, and have fun, we didn't go to the notre dame and all that cause we've been there done that and those sort of places you just can't go there more than once or rather i was not interested in going there again. Oh and we were lugging our luggage all around paris cause we were going to take the train from there to toulouse that very night. :D it was quite fun. So that night we hopped on the train and here we are in toulouse which is really just quite a sleepy little town in France, I think other than the airbus factory, there's like NOTHING else here as there is NOTHING much else in many other parts of France, like today, we went to Cahors, and we saw A BRIDGE. Okay I have to admit it was freaking nice and freaking scenic, but that was IT. One bridge in the whole town. Godness. Pictures will be up next post, now I'm tired and the only piece of homework I've completed is PHYSICS. ): OKAY, SEE EVERYONE SOON. :D BYE.
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
