![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Wednesday, August 08, 2007 Teachers
Where was this place that thought them to suck it up so bad to people, and hit people below them so hard? It's quite AMAZINGG! :D And these people are our EDUCATORS. POWDERFUL. Singapore constantly talks about becoming a first- class society, but really, I think it starts from everyday life, when students need to learn to treat teachers and cleaners with the same respect as long as they're all morally upright, and teachers need to learn to treat students and their bosses with the same respect, and daughters need to learn to treat their mothers and friends with respect, and sons need to learn to treat their fathers and sisters with respect, my point is, it begins with everyday life. You don't give a person a better/worse attitude just cause he's higher ranking than you, you give a person respect cause he deserves it, you don't treat people better just cause they're the same/different size, shape or colour as you. I don't know, I think if the people teaching us can't get this right, then how do they expect us, who are supposed to be TOUCHED and INSPIRED by these people to get ANYTHING right. Ah well, I'll be accused of being difficult yet again. What's new. Having said all that though (i added this paragraph after reading MH's tag), I must say that there are rare gems in teachers too. Teachers tha truly touch and inspire us. :D Like Miss Teo, and hmm Miss Heng. I think I used to say that I am what SCGS has taught me to be, but I realised that the SCGS I knew is Miss Heng's SCGS. And I think she has shown all of us what it truly means to be dedicated, and to live with the passion to serve. I genuinely believed everything she told us, especially in seminar, cause I see her living her own advice. You know, I will never forget this one line she said " Girls, I don't want you all to die successful, I want you girls to die significant." I remember being so stunned when she said that. I mean, up till that point, all I seemed to be working for in my life was to become a successful person (as my parents have always taught me I should be), and here was my principal whom I barely knew then, telling me that that's not what I should be doing. So I decided to listen to her explanation and reasoning. And I think that's when I realised that whatever I do, as long as it impacts someone in a positive way, I've done my part, and as long as I used my life to help others, my legacy will live on long after I am physically no longer here. And true to her own advice is the way she leads her life, where do you find a young lady who leaves university, joins a school as a teacher, and gives her life to a school, touching the lives of thousands of girls along the way? Her legacy will live on long after she does, and she has taught me much much much more than loads of the other teachers I've had so far put together. Miss Heng, we all miss you, and I hope you're enjoying your retirement. :D
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
