![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Wednesday, August 15, 2007 Of Making a Difference
As I embark on what I see as this journey of mine along with the batch, I realise that this is precisely what it means to go where there is no path, and leave a trail. We all chose to come here, and we never thought that we'd ever be doing such things. But I think the moment we ALL stepped in here, we kinda realised that things aren't exactly as they thought it might be. Hmm, come to think of it, the situation kinda is like we're all running this race which begun in say like primary school. We ran and ran and ran, and got ourselves into decent enough secondary schools, which is like when we split up and went on separate trails, but nonetheless, the path was well trodden, might not have been easy, but at least there was a path. And then a smart 96 of us decided that our lives were too boring (or some other reasons), and we wanted to try something new, so we ventured into this thing, where some people told us there was a trail, and we believed them. Hah, and now we realise that there's no trail and that we've been cheated all the while. But then again, maybe that's just one way of looking at things. I mean duh it'd be nice to have a path in front of you, and even better know where that path leads, but not everyone can have that luxury, and this experience might just bring us closer together, and teach us more than we can ever learn in other simulated settings. I mean, all the million and one programs offered in other schools, (not that they're not good, they definitely are, cause there's safety net) are striving to train leaders and pioneers, but look at every single bloody one of us. We are that already, because of this decision we made, and why not make the best out of it? In wherever we came from, no question about it, they were perfect moulds, shaped by the generations of seniors that came before us, produing exquisite gems, but I remember somebody once said some people have the power thrust into their hands, I have a feeling this is a power that we never knew we had. We're not even sure we had it, but hey, it's worth a shot. A signature might not mean much to us, but our education means plenty, and the education and lives of many generations of students to come. I want to be well and alive when SCGS opens her time capsule when we're like old and have a whole head of beautiful white hair, but I would darn well like to see the day when I have done my part for NUS High students. I want to be able to tell a story of how I started out hating a school so bad, and how we all grow in different situations. I really hope things will work out, whether as we planned it to be, that doesn't really matter, as long as everything works itself out, and we all keep faith. On a lighter note, physics test today wasn't tough as in screams and dies cannot do kind of tough, but severe severe shortage of time. but other than that, all of today went considerably well. (: Oh, and I went to the observatory for the first time in my life today! It's really small, but I think it's quite cosy. And I really liked discussing stuff with Mae Hwee on the white board. Come to think of it, it's quite a nice layout, with that pull- up bar thing. (: Yeah, think that's about it... been a pretty long post. Oh yah, treating myself to TV tonight! :D Tay Ping Hui, here I come! (:
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
