![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 What is it that I want to do with my life?
Everyone knows that I don't have brilliant memory, so I'll just talk about whatever I vaguely remember from the talk. I remember him asking lots of questions and us having to stand up in response cause we don't raise our hands high enough. He asked who want to do medicine, which is really, I don't think my cuppa tea. But one thing that he mentioned in the talk was that we should really practise writing, practise penning down thoughts that are randomly or otherwise generated in our brains. And I just started thinking and realising that I've gone from being an outspoken and vocal person in sc, to now, I find myself very quiet and mellow. I mean friends now might say no, that I still speak out plenty, but really, nothing compared to when I was in sc. And I also realised that, initially, I did it (kept quiet) cause I was angry and all I had to say was negative, so just kept my mouth shut, but it gradually ate into me. Then again, do I find myself quiet just cause everyone else around me is so much louder? Maybe. (This is turning out to be such a seious post) Anyway, or maybe I just don't feel so much for things in general anymore. Now, it's about making yourself look good on paper. Honestly, the me 2 years ago would have scoffed at the me of today for even letting these words AFFECT me, and it kind of scares me the way I've changed so much. What the hell am I going to be like 2, 5, 10 years down the road? Scary. He also said that it's about time to think about what we believe in and why. I don't know man, I realised that in my family, it's difficult to have an opinion of my own or our own that my dad does not agree with. But I also realised that, it would be absolutely RIDICULOUS for me to tell people that I believe in something cause my daddy says so. That is like just dumb, but well, part of growing up eh? Realising that you might have different values from your parents, and i guess for parents part of parenting, when you realise your child is an individual who has his or her own mind, and will eventually develop his or her own mindsets. As for what I believe in, I don't know much just yet, but I do know that life is short, and that I am extremely blessed to have the friends and family I have around me, and for that I should be thankful. That should definitely come before academic results right? I mean, if academic results is going to be how one intends to live their life by, then technically, your life ends when you stop schooling? I don't want to end up like that. It just doesn't cut it for me. As for how much I really want to go overseas, I know I want it and I want it quite badly, but still not above friends and family. If i can manage my role as a daughter, sister, and friend and still be able to get a scholarship to go overseas, then obviously, great for me, but or else, I'll just take it that life has other plans for me. (: And I just found out today that there are loads of coucil applicants that I don't know of, all the best you guys, although honestly I don't really hope for you guys to get in and have to suffer, but well, looking good on paper eh. RAWR, globalisation essay to complete!
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
