![]()
Me
Haagen Dazs (: "You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky." — Amelia Earhart
ENTRIES
LINKS
TAGBOARD
EXTRAS
take me to the sky
Sunday, July 08, 2007 Ling Siew Jie Jie and Dean's Wedding
HELLOO! Sigh I'm pretty tired, actually I'm really tired but I think I want to blog because it's been a special day and I think I'm going to be thinking alot tonight. So just a brief run through of what happened today. Woke up pretty early cause I slept quite early last night. We (siblings and I) had to get changed and dressed, and I'm proud to announce that I did my make-up myself (although there's nothing actually visible). And then it started to rain (apparently 7 minutes before Dean got to his bride's house, but we wouldn't know cause we went directly to the churh) as we got out of the house and proceeded to Living Waters Methodist Church in ACS (I). The church service was short (compared to how long it could have been), and I thought that it was really sweet the way they both memorised their vows and I think everyone should do that, I mean if you can't even memorise that one line for once in your life for that one special person, then what would you be willing to do for him/her? but that's just me. Hmm, other than that, it was a pretty standard church wedding. Dajie and I at the church: yeah laugh la, yunhui wearing a dress. Get used to it, I'm in training! HAH. (X Then, we took the bus back to her house, where there was the tea ceremony. And I was carrying my dearest nephew mitchell, and him being the intelligent inquisitive child that he is, had lots of questions for me. Starting with simple ones like where's mummy, that I could answer, to things like, what are they doing? which might look simple, until you tell him that they are drinking tea, then he asks why are they drinking tea, and a million other questions. (: but he's really a bundle of energy and I think that made me quite tired, so when we could go home to rest before going for the dinner I was quite happy. (X And we woke up quite late, so we didn't get to the Shangri-La till like 6.30. But I felt that the wedding dinner was about perfect. I think I'm on the verge of reconsidering single-hood. I think that the 2 of them managed to show me and I think everyone present at the wedding today that there is still love out there. (: The concept was interesting, and it made the wedding very very personal. The various performances by their friends, the video montage of their lives, and I think that Ling Siew Jie Jie crying while thanking her daddy just made everyone there cry. It was quite cute, and really really touching, and I think it made me realise how grateful I have to be for my parents (can't believe I'm saying this), like she says, for waking up so early every morning to send us to school so that we don't have to wake up even earlier to take the school bus, for making sure we get our daily intake of fruit, for always worrying whether we get enough sleep, for keeping food on the table, for the occasional shopping sprees, for giving us life. Family Photo at the ballroom: Family Photo at the table:
This sort of details made the dinner feel quite alot more enjoyable:
A big big thanks to these people (: layout by: hilary header by: sealedcards
tagboard here.
loves whacking shuttles smacking clay drawing random rubbish reading for fun my siblings my friends michael buble HAAGEN DAZS archives October 2005 November 2005 December 2005 January 2006 February 2006 March 2006 April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 October 2006 November 2006 December 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 |
